Why is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) important?
For both large and small businesses, SEO is as important as ever in today’s competitive market. Each day search engines serve millions of users looking for answers to their questions or for solutions to their problems. So if you have a website, online shop, blog or podcast, SEO can help your business grow.
What is SEO?
SEO is a set of rules that, if followed correctly will optimise your website or blog to improve search engine rankings. SEO techniques can also improve website readability, usability and navigation.
Why is SEO essential?
- People are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages. Good SEO will allow you to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your website.
- As well as great page results, good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a website.
- Users tend to trust the websites in the top 5 positions more than others, so higher rankings will increase the website’s trustworthiness.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big website. It can act as a content checklist to make sure the website is written consistently.
- Put yourself ahead of the competition with an optimised website that is more likely to have more visitors and generate sales.
SEO gives surprisingly effective results in a short period of time if done right. Often, SEO strategy is used to generate traffic to websites but there are also other applications of SEO like branding, marketing and website influence. SEO has proven to be an effective tool in achieving a number of important marketing objectives.
Developing a good SEO strategy takes targeted competitive insight and thorough planning. Realistic objectives and goals for what you hope to achieve from SEO work on your website will help you to stay on track and on budget for what your business needs.
You don’t have to stick to just one objective, set as many as you like. For example, you may want to increase visits to your blog or generate more leads via online contact forms. Whatever you want to achieve, once your objectives are established and you’ve implemented your SEO strategy it’s crucial to monitor results. Remember, SEO is a marketing function and it needs to be treated like one.
If you have any questions or would like to chat about your SEO strategy, please get in touch.